Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Only Wednesday and I can't sleep

I'm up early again and can't go back to sleep.  Thinking about the band, the bowl trip, the Bulldog Beat tour and what needs to get done.  Let's start with the Bowl Game.  Yea we are going to Boise ID for our 2010 Bowl game.  We are taking 5 buses with 190 band students and another 15 cheer plus staff.  Fun times except Tim has we flying in early and that just doesn't feel right to me.  I don't want to leave early, I have work to do and what am I going to do in Boise that I can't do here.  Just sit around the lobby with a bunch of people I don't know.  Only the cheer and band are staying at our hotel.  Yes I can get the keys ready, but I can arrange that by phone and it will be fine.  I think I'll just have to tell Tim I can't leave early, need to prepare the per diems, last minute trip details etc.

Next we have the Beat tours in early January.  I need to get my paperwork done now because the campus will be closed and people will be gone.  I knew Brandon would hold me up with his late information.  Now I have to make the time to get it done.  Thankfully, Ryan did get his information to me and that tour is set.

So let's get through today.  I'm going to go in late as today is going to be a late night for me and the band.  We have rehearsal as usual, then at 4:30 we are doing a dedication of the Tree and Bench in remembrance of Nathan Ray.  I don't think I can make this.  I need to be at the building so we are ready to do bus sign ups and hotel sign ups.  They are also turning in uniforms, completing the voting ballots and to top it off we have our Council Pot Luck following all the activity.  I'm thinking I'll order some pasta & bread sticks from Pizza Hut so we have something warm delivered.  I just don't know when the students will have time.  Lots of pizza I'm sure.  Got to get my gift wrapped also.  Whew, lots to be done and he wants me to leave early for the bowl trip, I just don't think so.

That's it for now.  I hopeful that all will go well, just need to make all the calls, print all the labels and be prepared.  Till next time...

As it turned out the pot luck was great, we had plenty of food and a good time.  The entire week was busy and with all the things going on, parties, banquet, bell ringing it was a great week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment