Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 31, 2011

What's Up

Well time just get's away sometimes.  Been busy with work, a mini vacation to Vegas and a brief layoff due to injury.  So where do I begin?

The month of February was filled with music.  We had auditions for all those incoming students.  Good turnout with a little twist.  The Department Chair wanted to add all musicians interested in Fresno State, not just the band type people.  So we had vocalist, string and piano players plus our usual group also auditioned for the department if they were planning to be a music major.  It went fairly well and we'll just improve on what we did this year for next year.

John and I took a great trip to Las Vegas in mid March.  We were planning on meeting up with his cousin John and his wife Fran from New York.  It was great we spent time with them, John and John got a chance to really catch up.  John and his cousin were very familiar when they were growing up as John's mom was from New York and McCaffery was her family name, so the Mullers and the McCaffery's and McGuire's were all pretty close.

The second part of this vacation was to meet up with my son, Bryan.  He had gone to Vegas early so he could play with our band at the WAC Tournament.  It was great, we won the Woman's division and he was there for then entire experience.  He said he had a great time and all my band students really enjoyed getting a chance to talk with this amazing young man.  Bryan shared his experience as a Fresno State graduate, his life now as a soon to be Warrant Officer in the US Army.  But it was great having so much time with him was nice for me.  We talked, we ate and we gambled together.  I'm looking forward to going to his graduation in early June to see him become a Warrant Officer.

At work my computer was changed out.  I now have a really up to date Mac.  Well it does take some getting used to.  Anyway I over worked my right arm, so I called to have my work station evaluated and there were all kinds of thing wrong.  My desk was to tall, my monitor should be straight on, not to the side.  Need a better chair, an ergonomic friendly work station is what I needed.  Well, by the end of late week my arm was killing me so I reported it.  Went to the workers comp doctor and now I'm on limited use of my right arm with a follow-up appointment next week.  They took x-rays and blood test.  He did 't seem to think it is work related, but I feel work does aggravate it.

Now back to the my main work, our family genealogy.  It's a lot of work and I haven't even requested the back up documents.  I've been putting in a lot of time into Hannah's family lines.  I've also joined Find A Grave and am beginning to locate where people are buried.  That has become very interesting working with all these Grave hunters.  Check out the site before you judge.  Time to run.


No comments:

Post a Comment